Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday's Adventures

I've been waiting three long months for Sam's haircut to grow out enough so I could take him to Ann and have her clean it up. Sam isn't the only one who needed a hair cut. Becca's been asking to have her hair cut for weeks now, Emily's hair is getting really, really long, as is Alex's, and well, mine is Rapunzel long.

Ann had a free hour this morning and we all lined up for haircuts, except of course for GR whose 1/4" long hair was short enough. Alex did a fantastic job sitting perfectly still in the chair while Ann's scissors worked their magic, she even used the clippers on him! I got a lot of hair cut off ... it's still long enough to pull back and out of my face - could I survive with any other style? - but I get to do a first. I had enough hair cut off to send to Locks of Love! Like I said, my hair was getting crazy, Rapunzel long!





After haircuts and a quiet afternoon at home, the kids and I (GR had 6+ hours of meetings to attend at the Stake Center) went to a KU Women's Basketball game with Diane. Some friends of hers from church purchased a huge block of tickets and invited anyone who wanted to attend to come. We thought this would be a great opportunity to let the kids see a Division 1 game IN the historic Allen Field House. The Lady Jayhawks won against Missouri in a very exciting well played game. The kids really enjoyed it, staying until the very end, and the girls have gotten a hold of the rest of the women's schedule and are planning a return visit!

I sadly learned an important lesson about my children and division 1 sporting events. It is physically impossible for them to attend without wanting, asking and whining for snacks, the entire game. Doesn't matter how much food you pack into their stomachs before you leave home, the minute their bottoms hit the bleachers, their stomachs and mouths instantly know of nothing else but the want for popcorn, hot dogs and bottled water. Next time, this VISA only carrying mama will be sure to have a good supply of green backs on her so she can enjoy the game too!



Digital photography both amazes and frustrates me. There is no reason why this picture should have turned out completely black ... I was close enough, using a flash, etc. But the camera didn't register the flash and consequently, the picture was totally and completely black. When I pulled it into Photoshop, played with the levels and contrast, I was able to pull this out of the pitch black ... pretty amazing that the camera did actually capture something ... and yet, sad cause its such a cute picture of my babes!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What, no pictures of the new and improved Rapunzel?

Cute pics of the kids! Sounds like GR and Aaron have the same haircut!

Jenny said...

Your family is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!

suz said...

i'm so glad you cut alex's hair :) and i agree, you should have posted a picture of yourself too!