Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Respectable Thursday

Rebecca spent the first two days of this week at home with a cold, pair that with the two days last week kids were home sick and our one snow day and you're looking at a mom who hasn't left the house in ages to do anything remotely close to preparing for Christmas. GR did get the tree up Monday night, but that's the extent of it here ... it's up, not decorated and two sets of branches are refusing to light ... grrrrr!.

But the boys spent a couple of hours with Grandma, Grandpa and Grandpa's son Jeff this morning which was a huge help because it meant I was able to get the Christmas package for my SIL and family wrapped up, boxed up and mailed out in time for it to arrive for Christmas. I upload a picture to my Flickr account of the tutu's I made for my nieces. They turned out so cute!

Every year, I make grand, elaborate, totally unrealistic lists of things I want to make as gifts for more of a "hand made" Christmas, but alas, each year, I'm able to only pull off one or two projects. So far they've been fun and successful projects, but still, I really wish I could think of all the others in JULY instead of at the end of November, so I'd have a fighting chance at accomplishing a few more!

This afternoon the boys and I went up to the school for a special 1st and 2nd grade assembly in their Pod. It's close to the end of the month and time for the teachers to award the Character awards to students in their classes. This time Rebecca was awarded the RESPECT award. Here's what her teacher had to say about Rebecca and why she was given this award:

"She works to be a good role model for her class. She appreciates the talents of others and is always ready to praise others for their accomplishments."

We are incredibly proud of her for her and Emily both for being such great students and friend to her classmates. And as you can see, she was very surprised and thrilled to get this award!

No comments: