If you really are doing all the -ing we are, the next little bit of stuff might be helpful. And if you're done -ing for this year, maybe this will help you next year. I put together two photo card designs for a friend and want to share with you some of the fantastic digital images I found while looking for digital stuff to use on the cards:
2peasinabucket's Be Merry
Shabby Princess Seasonal Sampler
Shabby Princess Holiday Magic
There was a different freebie kit by Kate Teague for 2peasinabucket which has now completely disappeared from the internet (sigh) called Berry Days (so download the Be Merry one if you like it cause it could go poof just as quickly!). BUT I did find a couple of her card templates from this same line last night on Shutterfly along with a couple of other designers. Love the designs - classic, chic photocard designs that are all done for you! So nice.
As I mentioned we're still taking and retaking pictures of the kids trying to get the "almost perfect" picture. Saturday night some friends asked us to come to their ward party and take family pictures during their Christmas Party. Isn't that a fantastic idea?! She really wanted to encourage people to dress up for the party and this was a great added benefit! GR set up his lights, our neutral white back drop, a couple of stools and I think the results were really wonderful. About 20 families had their pictures taken and they turned out so nice! We are really hoping all the families are happy with their photos. Each family will have their raw image emailed to them by the weekend.
We're putting together a similar set up for our ward party Friday night in the Relief Society Room. We're really hopefully it will be as successful here at home as it was there. So if you're going to be there, bring your best smiles!
3 comments:
Cute Card Kate!
Yes, we are still "ing" things. I got our printed yesterday, hopefully I can get them ready to be mailed this Saturday!
What a great idea! I'm going to remember that concept of taking family pictures during a ward party--I love it!!
And I'm so happy to hear you haven't been getting the Christmas card rush either. I was starting to wonder if I had been nixed from a lot of people's lists or something, because I have only gotten a tiny handful of cards so far. Of course, my cards are nowhere near going out either!!
Be sure to tell GR thank you for taking our pictures! (Thanks to you also - I saw you setting up.)
Post a Comment