Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tuesday Snapshots

This week was our local Festival of Trees. I've never gone to see the trees before - my children have, but this was my first year, and it was the perfect year to go! Mainly because, I actually knew someone who was doing a tree - she and her mom did a fabulous job! It was by far one of the best trees there, and I'm excited to say that it sold for $1100 at the auction. She was ecstatic to say the least!

Sam, Alex and I met Diane to see all the trees Tuesday morning and had a grand time. We saw a really cute holiday craft project to do with the kids on a tree decorated entirely of kid crafted snowflakes and stars - simple snowflakes made using 3 large popsicle sticks covered in sequins or rhinestones.

Sam's favorite tree was the Carousel tree. The tree slowly turned like a carousel and was decorated with carousel animals that also turned. It was very well done. There were many other creative trees and I've uploaded some of my favorites to flickr.





Diane and I keep hoping to donate a tree ... we have most of our ornaments, just need a tree and to find the prefect tree skirt and topper.

After seeing all the trees, the boys headed off for an afternoon with Grandma, and I went to the library to replenish our stash of books. I was informed by a certain 2nd grader who needs to list three books she's read each week, that all our books .... the four crammed-so-tight-we-need-another-shelf book shelves ... were boring and she didn't want to read them. So off to the library I went so we would have one less fight over homework.

Tuesday night we had a quiet half hour before bedtime and so GR read some of our "new" books. Alex was hilarious. He insisted on climbing over GR's shoulder and nestling down right in "the cave." He stayed for the first book and then wandered off, only to return the same way 4-5 times during the next three books.


2 comments:

suz said...

what a great charity fund-raising idea (i assume the money goes to charity?)

Kristy said...

That looks so fun! I've never been to such a festival, but now I must take my boys. :)