Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Very Exciting Day!

Saturday was the school Fun Walk and another Saturday full of soccer games. Emily had an early game which meant she couldn't do the walk with us. While she and GR went to the game, the three other kids and I enjoyed the fun walk/run. Becca and Sam rode their bikes, and I pushed Alex in the stroller, doing an odd mix of power walking, jogging and running in an effort to keep up with my two speedy bikers. It was great exercise and proof that I really need to exercise more!

I'm really sorry I missed Emily's soccer game. Her team did a fantastic job of playing together and showing vast improvement to their skill level! Emily scored 2 possibly even 3 goals in the game. Up until this point, despite the team working really hard, and playing great games, I think all the parents had resigned themselves to the fact that our team was simply out there to help all the other teams win.

After coming home from a day at the soccer fields, we came home to an answering machine message telling us that Emily had one the #1 prize from the Fun Walk (the kids got to put their name in buckets for a variety of different prizes - the number of times was determined by the amount of $$ they collected and food they brought in for a food drive). We were all so excited for her!! Here's a picture of her on her new bike!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

hooray, emily! that is so exciting!

Elspeth said...

Wow, how fantastic. Go Emily!