Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Birthday Party - Success!

We had four kids from school and three from church join us and I think everyone had a really good time. We read a few stories, ate dinner, did a couple Mad Libs and played a version of pin the tail on the donkey, ate cupcakes and ice cream, played an spontaneous, yet exciting, round of musical chairs, took a group picture and open presents.

A while back I learned about a little website called Leafletter that allows you to share tons of photos on your blog without taking up huge amounts of space. I thought this event might be a good one to test on this little deal. It's pretty cool! All the pictures have descriptions and you should be able to click on them to make them larger.

5 comments:

suz said...

sorry i missed out on the party. i'm guessing from the pics that you didnt have it at your house...

who did becca dress up as?

Vatti said...

Glad it went well. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Kate said...

Suz - we had it at the library - which worked out perfectly! No claustrophobia at anyones house.

The dressing up thing turned into a huge mess about 4pm on Friday ... Turns out a Junie B costume wasn't costume enough ... nor was Francine (Arthur) or any of the others I suggested ... so she wanted to be a witch (Wizard of Oz maybe?) but couldn't find that costume, and opted to wear her cheerleader costume instead.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the idea behind it! I had several parties based on books as a child, but I love the idea of the combination of children's literature! Glad all went well for the birthday girl!

Kristy said...

Love the party idea! Wish my mom would have thought of it when I was 7. :)

Also love the gummy bookworms. Leafletter looks cool, too!