One of the first couple times I wore them to church, a friend who, hadn't known me long, complemented me on the shoes and then said with a smile & slight chuckle in her voice ... "Kathleen, I didn't know you had it in you."
Ahh yes, underneath my sad tired wardrobe that hasn't changed in years, and the six year old shoes I'm STILL wearing day in and out, there is a little fashionista who, if she had the time and money, would show herself.
So in an effort to invite a little bit of style back into my wardrobe, I purchased these two pieces - note they aren't from any grand mecca of fashion, and Miranda Priestly would no doubt purse her lips at this, but I'm hoping my younger much more fashionable sisters will approve none-the-less:
The shoes - Target - $22.99. Black open-toed, sling-backs with bows ... paid full price, something I don't think I've ever done for myself ...
The skirt - Wal-mart - $16.97. Black-n-white print, black ribbon waistband, and wide black trimmed hem.
8 comments:
I know how you feel! When I bought my new dress & shoes in honor of the wedding I was attending, I felt so hip (something I rarely feel these days).
Do we get to see pictures of you looking all stylish?
Love the shoes. I've needed a new dress pair for ages now. Like, for longer than kid #2 has been alive. Yikes.
Around the time kid #1 was born, I put myself on a clothing budget. Not because I was spending too much, but because I wasn't spending and on rare occasions when I did I felt guilty about it. Now, I have a yearly budget which is actually more like a goal (lets see if I can spend it all).
But then, I'm probably not part of the "younger much more fashionable" sister crowd.
Love the look!
I bought a new pair of Sunday shoes this fall: teal kitten heals with a big brass buckle on top and a bright pink sole. The young women I teach always get to see the pink soole when I cross my legs and they love it. I paid full price--many times more than your Target pair, I'm ashamed to admit. I loved them so much that I wanted to sleep with them on the pillow next to me the first night after they arrived from the UPS man on my front porch.
Ah, what good friends new shoes can be!
H - we'll see, I might be willing to have this full figure photographed ... we'll see.
MA, yes you do fall with in the category of "younger much more fashionable" sister crowd. Even though you don't purchase much, you have a good eye and know what is and is not fashionable.
Alyson, I can totally relate - As you can see I haven't worn mine out in public yet, (thanks to the freaky weather) but I have worn them while brushing my teeth a lot!
You go girl!! I think one of the best things you can do for yourself post-baby is buy something you feel GREAT in!! I'm sure you will look great in those too!!
kate, i love that skirt. and target has surprisingly great shoes (i have to buy them online, though, since the stores usually dont carry 12's).
Excellent choices!
Post a Comment