A week or so before Christmas the children announced they wanted to go Ice Skating. That's right, Ice Skating. I'm still not sure why... I'm pretty sure it's been 10-12 years since I last went ice skating.
I told them that maybe on Saturday when we got to Grandma Mutti and Grandpa Art's house we could go ice skating. We had two choices of rinks ... the historic outdoor rink at Forest Park, or an indoor rink where my high school has held graduation for the last up-teen years. Despite beautiful weather, we opted for the indoor rink, and it worked out perfectly!
Sam went out on the ice about 10 feet and that was plenty for him, it didn't matter what we said, he wouldn't got back out. Becca went around once on Saturday, and warmed up to/was strongly encouraged to go around 3-4 times Tuesday. Emily, by the end of the second trip to the rink was starting to get the hang of gliding her feet, shifting her weight and could go a good distance without falling, or holding one of our hands. Emmy really liked ice skating and we did some looking and it turns out there are a few places she could go for lessons if she wants.
Least you think we were a show of grace and style, we have eight painful minutes of video footage from our first trip to the skating rink.
I'm sure I took more pictures than this at the rink, but I can't find them. Maybe we were using a different camera ... siblings send me pictures of this if you have them.
3 comments:
looks like a lot of fun! I keep thinking I want to take my kids ice-skating or roller skating...one of these days.
Fun! Maybe I should take my kids ... they've never been! Looks like a great time.
I'm envious. Even though I haven't really tried to find one, I just know that there isn't even one rink in all of Lebanon.
Post a Comment