Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Redo? Please!

It all started with us waking up late (7am) although that surprisingly didn't put a crimp in our morning.

While the girls ate breakfast, I noticed Sam's the snack person for preschool today - and today's color is green (When Emily was a teddy bear she was the snack on green day and took apples and pickles). So Sam got ready so he could go to the grocery store
and get green grapes and string cheese on our way to preschool after he and GR took the girls to school.

I needed to print some reminders for our preschool director's surprise retirement party Friday night to take with me to preschool. While those printed, Sam fell down the basement stairs ... that is truly one of the worse sounds ever! For having fallen down half a flight of wood stairs, he was more scared then hurt. I got him calmed down and started cutting the reminders apart, and learned my laser printer needs a new ink cartridge - half the fliers didn't fully print, so I'll be making a run to the copy center in the next 20 minutes.

We got in the car with plenty of time to stop at the grocery store and purchase our snack, before school. I get to the grocery store only to discover my purse is still sitting on the kitchen counter ... so on to preschool we went.

On Wednesday's I have about 50 minutes between dropping Sam off and picking Emily up, barely enough time to run home, get my purse and head to the store to purchase the snack, drive to preschool, wash the grapes, cut them into bunches and deliver them, then turn around an race back to pick Emily up.

Want to guess what green grapes cost today? $3.32/lb. Two bunches of grapes cost me $8... add to that the cheese sticks and you have yourself a $10 snack ...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

OH MY. this is really sounding all too familiar. my prescription? put enya in the cd deck of the car (to prevent road rage), make some hot chocolate, and look forward to watching Christmas at Rockefeller Center tonight. put the kids down early! hugs!

Kristy said...

Holy cow! I often wish I could hit "undo" some days. Or Photoshop myself in the mirror instead of putting on makeup the regular way.

A tip: if you take out that ink cartridge and turn it back and forth, forward and back several times, it will usually go more. Unless your laser printer is color, and then I have no idea how to help.

Lori said...

Yikes. Aren't you glad you don't have to work a job on top of that!? Good thing Sam wasn't injured.

I can't get over the cost of grapes! I keep buying them but mine are closer to $2/lb which is still higher than I want to pay.

Mary Ann said...

I don't know, Lori, managing one of Kathleen's "easy" days sound like a job to me.

Elspeth said...

Wow.