Friday, October 27, 2006

News of the Day

R-E-S-P-E-C-T:
I got a phone call last night from Rebecca's teacher, Mrs. M, alerting us that Rebecca had been nominated to receive a character award. PP has character words that they focus on each month. September was RESPECT, and October was SELF RESPECT. During the month they talk about what each character word means and ways to apply and implement that characteristic into their behavior. The idea being that it will help each child build a stronger character and improve behavior at school.

So Rebecca received the award for RESPECT - "Rebecca has demonstrated the concept of respect. She knows how to be courteous and hold others in high regard."

GR I must apologize, I made the classic picture taking mistake and turned on the flash when taking the picture of Mr. M giving Rebecca the award. I know better... I took the picture at the half court line with a flash that travels 5 feet, so the original photo is totally BLACK. Thanks to the wonders of Photoshop and digital photography, amazingly the image wasn't a total waste:



"Yes, I own other clothes":
Today is also Alex's 3 month birthday, so here's a picture from this afternoon of my beautiful baby who is so incredibly good! Ahhh I am so blessed.



Mute Mommy:
In other news, I'm spending the day as a mute... okay that might be a bit dramatic. More accurately, I'm not talking much today, and if/when I do it's in a quiet whisper. I wish I could say it's a new parenting technique I'm trying out or that I'm finally dealing with my Mommy Temper Management Issues, but sadly it's just my yearly dose of a sore throat that develops into laryngitis. I just hope it doesn't transition into something more major.


Happy 40th:

Grandpa Bob just called to alert us to the Charlie Brown special that is on TV tonight - "It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." I heard a interesting little snippet about the show on NPR this morning while driving to Blockbuster to return a movie. Despite what the camera captured, I'm hearing lots of giggles and laughter coming from the couch. I'm just sorry I didn't have enough time to set up the computer to record it for future viewing this weekend.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

hey i've got it on vhs - i'll bring it over on sunday!

Kelly said...

Congrats, Rebecca!! I'm serious about my offer of homemade soup--please call me if you start to feel worse--I always hate cooking when I feel awful.

suz said...

congrats to becca, sam looks so cute, and do you think that the gym teacher looks like joe?