This afternoon I had the rare chance to sit for ~15 minutes and IM with Mary Ann. There's a good 8 hour time difference between us, so we hardly ever chat this late in the afternoon. Matthew was out late and she was waiting up for him, and my kids were all getting ready to spend the evening with Grandma & Grandpa. M&M have been home for about two weeks from their 1st world, 80 day "vacation," so we chatted a bit about how life was back in the 3rd world. After bringing me up to speed on the events of the last two weeks, she asked:
MA: -- what's new in your house?
K: Rebecca is wrapping her library books in plastic wrap to keep them clean.
MA: ???
K: I know ... crazy. I told her that was a little silly, but she didn't listen and went right on wrapping them in plastic wrap ... where she got this idea I have no clue. Sam had his preschool pictures taken this morning.
Emily got her second shot against Hep A, so we ate lunch with GR in the hospital cafeteria.
MA: wow, busy, busy
MA: you drove to [the hospital]
K: Yeah, Emily's doctor's appointment was at 1:30 and the doctors office is in the same complex as the hospital so it all worked out well. AND, 1st Presbyterian had their rummage sale today and I found two little boy suits for a friend, two church skirts for me and a box of 8 pint size jars for $10.
MA: all that for $10? wow.
MA: God bless America.
K: :)
MA: I spent $10 today just to dry clean two pillows and two blankets ...
Rebecca wrapping her library books - all by Robert Munch her current favorite author:
Sam's preschool picture:
A stunning visitor in our garage. The picture doesn't do this moth any justice. His size and color were beautiful!
Before loading in the car, I lined all the kids up for a picture. And voila... 10 clicks later:
5 comments:
What a FANTASTIC picture of Sam. I love it. And we have a favorite book by Robert Munsch--it's called Paper Bag Princess. It's kind of twisted, but we love it, and if you read it you'll probably laugh because you know Lydia and I!!
Oh my goodness. The photo of all the kids is drop dead adorable! What a very good looking family you have!
while stocking books in the back room of Borders I once went to reach for a book and found one of those moths on the top. I was so stratled I screamed. I'm glad someone (you) finds it beautiful, it is so large is creeps me out!
I'd forgotten about that conversation. Yikes, I must be losing my mind.
When are you going to tell us about your birthday?
that moth looks like a stealth bomber...
Post a Comment