Sunday, 13 August 2006
Sunday we were able to spend a few hours visiting my Aunt and Uncle. My cousin Emily's family was there and the 6 kids had a great time running through Mike and Connie's house at top speeds. I have always loved visiting their home, and wish we'd have had more time to spend with them. But we were able to get some pictures of these cute kids on the front steps... something that's been done for three generations now. It started with my Mom and her siblings, then us, and now our kids.
Isabella holding Alex.
Monday, 14 August 2006
Monday we went to the Aquarium in Baltimore. When GR and I took the kids to the Capital, I snapped a few pictures of them, on the Metro so on the off chance I lost one of them, I'd 1) have a current photo of them and 2) be able to tell the police officer what they were wearing. At the aquarium I decided we should probably do the same thing... just in case.
Three of our favorite exhibits were: The Sting Rays, Tree Frogs and SHARKS! GR and I definately liked the shark tanks the best.
We ate lunch at the top of the aquarium in a little cafeteria overlooking the Bay. Sam took one look at the green and purple dragon paddle boats in the water and insisted on being able to ride in a green dragon before the day was over. GR and I decided that if he still remembered the green dragon paddle boats when we left the aquarium in the next couple of hours, we'd make time to take him and the girls for a ride.
The second we stepped out of the aquarium, Sam asked to ride the paddle boats. GR and I took Emily and Sam, Bob took Rebecca and Merryn and Diane sat on shore with Alex. The kids loved it and the adults got great exercise.
Afterwards we found an ice cream shop for a scoop of ice cream (sherbet for Sam) before heading home.
5 comments:
Wow, that's some forward thinking on the abduction issue. Do you do that often?
BTW, due to my shark obsession, I can identify that as a Sand Tiger shark. Fearsome looking, but very rarely implicated in attacks on humans, which is interesting as they prefer coastal areas. They've fallen out of fashion with aquariums these days because they don't tend to do particularly well in captivity. There are plenty still around though. Maybe I should develop a phobia of high-yield stocks and get a hobby that will at least make some money.
Kathleen--you look FANTASTIC! Really, you look so great! You must be busy running after those 4 kiddos!
Lol...I do the photo thing too. The one time M bolted away from T while I was trying on clothes in the mall, neither of us could remember what he was wearing that day...
Kate-
Looks like a lot of fun! You're kids are looking so grown-up these days (well, except Alex)!
I'm tickled that you still have/use the baby sling!! When they are little like that you can even pull their legs up in it and pull the fabric up over the back of their heads. A fun little pouch of baby!
How very much fun!
I love the tradition of the photo on the steps.
Post a Comment