Monday, July 24, 2006

They ate it ALL!

Last night I made a Nacho Beef Dinner recipe listed on the back of a box of Rice-A-Roni. We tend to do something kinda Nacho-ish for Sunday dinners because they lend themselves so nicely to picnic dinners in the living room - a favorite Sunday night activity of the kids.

So while they watched Mary Poppins, I handed them each a bowl of Nacho Beef Dinner to eat. I fully expected to hear complaints about the fresh tomatoes and the black beans mixed in with the rice, corn, cheese and hamburger... but I didn't hear a word, they ate every last grain of rice, kernle of corn, dice of tomatoe and black bean put in their bowl.

When Becca told us she was done, we asked her to show us her bowl... she got it from the sink and it was 100% empty... GR's comment... "Would it be a bad thing if we checked the sink and trash can?" Both showed no signs of missed bites of dinner! We are just a bit shocked.

We're having the leftovers for lunch today... I'm hoping it's as succsessful the second time around!

2 comments:

suz said...

i am truly shocked.

Michelle said...

has that baby come yet? i forget the day....