Tuesday afternoon Aunt Barbara and Grandma Mutti drove through town for a quick visit on their way to SLC. Barb needs a car for her last yearish of school, and Mom and Dad found a gem of a car - 95 Toyota Camry - for a fair price and purchased it. The big debate was what of the three cars my parents now own, to send with Barbara... The '95 won, and Barb flew in late Easter Sunday to drive it back with Mom.
We had a great visit - short but fun and full of lots of good conversation. Barb read Rebecca's library books to her and Emily while Sam finished a nap. And later that night Mom and I assembled 80 handouts for a workshop I'm teaching Saturday for our Stake HFPE Women's Conference. I'm no where near where I need to be preparation wise - everything still in my head and NOTHING is on paper yet. I've known what I wanted to do for my handout since day one of this assignment 2 weeks ago, but I knew if I didn't make it while Mom and Barb where around to help me assemble it, it'd never happen! We got 65 of the 80 assembled, and I can handle putting 15 more together.
The girls headed off for Denver about noon, taking Emily to preschool on their way. Emily was so excited to be able to show her teachers AUNT BARB! She could hardly contain herself!
4 comments:
Glad they could stop by for a brief visit. I'm sure that was very nice. What does HFPE stand for? Also, what is that mark on Emily's left shoulder?
HFPE - Home Family and Personal Enrichment.
Mark = temperary tatoo. I believe it's a heart with flowers on either side.
I cannot believe how grown-up Rebecca looks.
I had the exact same thought when I saw this picture. She has the complete look going doesn't she! The hair, the pose and the shoes - all make her look so much older.
Post a Comment