Sunday, 9 April 2006
Grandpa Bob's birthday was last month and for his birthday we got him a kite. We got a big kite for Grandpa, three smaller kites for the kids. Spiderman for Sam, Strawberry Shortcake for Rebecca, Barbie for Emily.
When we got home from church, I started working dinner (homemade bread and lasagna). The weather was beautiful - lots of warm sunshine with temperatures in the low 70s - and I really wanted to spend some time outside with the kids. Our neighborhood isn't really conducive to this, once my three go out, all the neighborhood children come out ... a great thing M-S, but on Sunday, that's our family day - no neighborhood friends. Bob and Diane’s is a great place to "escape to" because we can spend time with the children outside, and spend time together as a family without distraction.
So we called to see if we could go to Bob and Diane's and fly kites in the big field behind their house, and took dinner with us. We had a really, really good time. The kids are learning what it takes to keep a kite high in the air. We could have used a more consistent breeze, and we needed all four adults outside to help keep the kites up in the air. But once GR helped them get their kites above the tree line - with all of their string extended - they stayed up without any problem.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Let's go fly a kite
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks like lots of fun. I do miss kite flying. It's not the sort of things that's easy to do around here. However, I do reget about 6 months ago we drove past someone who was selling kites made out of Lebanese flags. I sure wish I had been able to buy one of those.
kite flying is still an activity i try to engage my friends in. nothing more fun than buying a cheap kite with a ninja turtle on it and flying it in the park. you also need a large slurpee too.
Post a Comment