Monday, May 22, 2006

Ben & Jerry's

Tuesday, 25 April 2006

My sibblings and I got the following email from Mom today at 12:38pm:

April 25 is "free scoop day" at Ben and Jerry's. (advertized on Martha Stewart's TV show--so it's nation-wide)
St. Louis locations include:
17408 Chesterfield Airport Road 636-530-7633
10909 Olive Blvd (Creve Coeur?) 314-997-3663
200 South Kirkwood Road 314-965-3331
6380 Delmar 314-721-8887

FREE ice cream ALL day long - noon - 8pm - at Ben & Jerry's ... really? After checking Ben & Jerry's website and watching the show at our house (which doesn't come on until 3pm), I decided this was a legitimate offer and started making plans to go, as soon as GR got home and the kids ate their dinner.

We made it there about 20 minutes before 7pm. The line snaked out the door a good 15 feet and then inside it snaked around a few times before you actaully got to the counter - something you didn't really find out until you got in the front doors.

The line moved surprisingly fast - not having to stop and pay someone at the cash register really speeds up the process! Sam and the girls had so much fun smiling and waving and talking to EVERYONE as we moved along the line. Most of the people in line were college kids, who just got a kick out of these three really cute and very talkative kids asking all kinds of questions about their ice cream and what they where doing at the ice cream shop.

Once at the counter everyone made their selections quickly - Sam and Rebecca once again choose mint chocolate Chip and Emily, plain chocolate. And sadly I can't remember what flavors GR and I choose.

It's an amazing little "customer appreciation/anniversary" day for Ben and Jerry's to sponsor. If you think that for our family of five to eat cones there would cost atleast $15, and they easily served 60+ cones in the 20+ minutes we waited in line, that's a lot of ice cream moving out their door in one day, all across the country! And the line was just as big when we left as when we arrived. They were raising money for the Boys and Girls club, so GR and I let the kids put what $1s and $5s we had in our pockets into the buckets and went for the car to eat our cones. I wonder how much they made for their charity?

So mark April 25, 2007 on your calendars, and plan on getting your free scoop! We definately are! As you can see the kids had a great time, and even GR said "this was a lot of fun, I'm glad we did it!" once we got everyone strapped in the car - one handed!

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Wow! That's a neat promotion. For some reason or another GR looks really young to me in that picture.

Heather said...

Hey, it looks like your scoops were way bigger than ours! We had a great time too. Where is the new Ben & Jerry's, I didn;t know there was one in L?

Kate said...

Our scoops were surprisingly large... I expected 1 scoop, and they were dishing out 2 to everyone! I'm just sorry we didn't go ealier in the day too :)

Kristy said...

YUM! Sorry we missed it. Next year! :)

suz said...

i wish that we had a ben and jerrys...i love free ice cream

Elspeth said...

Man, why do I forget that every year? Yummy. Looks like fun.