We spent hours at the Magic House this afternoon... arriving shortly after lunch and staying until they started to lock the doors. Here are pictures of the kids doing some favorite old things...
And some favorite new things...
They have a special Clifford the Big Red Dog Exhibit where they have set up all the important parts of Birdwell Island. They had a great time doing each of the different activities and visiting their favorite Clifford characters.
Then while Sam and Grandma changed a diaper and played in the water exhibit, Rebecca and Emily road the three story slide as many times as they wanted. They've ridden the slide before, but when we went over Thanksgiving, the lines were SO long it wasn't practical to ride it as many times as they wanted. Today they got to ride it for 15-20 minutes, nearly non-stop - great exercise when you're climbing the stairs back to the top!
5 comments:
That looks like loads of fun. How much does that sort of thing cost, anyway?
Admission is $7 per person ages 1 and up. I found a coupon online where a child could get in free with a paid adult. So Mom and I split up, and each used a coupon, and got two kids in free. It's definatley worth the price and Mom is toying with the idea of some kind of 'grandparents' membership given they have a couple different options... but it's hard to tell if that would be a smart expendature in the end.
That sounds quite reasonable. I wonder if they would get tired of it after a while. Do they rotate the exhibits after a reasonable time?
The Clifford exhibit was a special thing they brought in for 4-6 months. The other exhibits seem fairly stationary... but I haven't been there enough times to know for certian. There is so much to do and ALL of it is interactive that it really allows a childs imagination to take them in new directions each time they visit. We were there for ~4 hours and never went to the exhibits on the second and third floors (other than the huge twirly slide). Maybe if an older child (8-10) went weekly, they might tire of it but there is just so much to do there, I doubt it.
Wow. I love it. I wonder why we didn't do that kind of thing more when we were little.
Post a Comment