Monday, January 16, 2006

The Beauty Shop

Saturday, 7 January 2006

Rebecca was asking all week to get her hair cut - she wanted it to her chin so she wouldn't have to flip her hair out of her jacket or clothes. As a toddler we always had her hair cut this length and it really looks great on her. I especially like it when the back is cut shorter than the front.

Emily still isn't sure she likes the length of her hair, she might have us go back and have it cut shorter, but I like the fact that we can still pull it back out of her face when necessary.

Sam was starting to look a bit shaggy in the back, so Ann just trimmed the back, but left the top a bit longer to allow his curls a fighting chance. He was so good! She commented a couple of times at how still he was sitting. In the picture below he's making faces at himself in the mirror.

I also got my hair cut - a good 6 inches cut off - it was in desperate need! But we didn't get any pictures of the final product. But you can see how much hair the four of us had cut off... that massive pile Sam is sweeping up all came from us! Pretty amazing huh!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Stella has yet to get her hair cut in an actual salon. A bit too gun shy. Hopefully, that will change soon. I've been taking her with me when I get my hair cut in hopes of warming her up to the idea.

Heather said...

Kate- Rebecca looks so grown up!!! And Emily, my goodness, she is already a beauty! Sam is adorable! What cute kids you have!!
Preston still cries when he gets his hair cut, he's never had a bad experience, doesn't matter if its me or the hair dresser he just doesn't like it...