Diane's church on Wednesday nights has a short service where their organist plays for about an hour in the chapel. He is very good and has taken a new position and will be leaving at the end of the year, and Diane invited us to hear him play before he left.
Since her church is downtown, I decided to take the kids early so we could do some window shopping - something they love to do - and pick out some new Christmas ornaments for the tree. The store we went to with all the incredible ornaments is one where you take a deep breath and pray no one sneezes. They did an awesome job of picking out their ornaments and not touching anything they weren't suppose to.
We spent quite a bit of time just looking in their shop window. They have a small santa's train that moves which Sam and the girls could sit and watch for hours.
We still had time before the performance, so we went into the children's toy store and boy did we find some fun things! We played with three or four different displays for a good 30 minutes before walking over to the church. I am hoping GR and I can get over there together sometime next week to do some Christmas shopping. They have amazing things that you simply don't find anywhere else.
2 comments:
I like the snowman's scarf. When I'm back in a truely cold place I'll have to find one like it for myself.
Agreed! What's fun about Rebecca picking a snowman with a fun scarf is that she loves to wear them. Diane made her and Emily both beautiful scarves last year and she's learning all about how to "tie" them around your neck and wearing them. She's really gotten very good at it. So I thought it was a perfect choice for Rebecca.
I'm sad that the picture of Emily's didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. The color of the beads are bright and vibrant colors in the same hue as Rebecca's - it's beautiful!
Post a Comment