Today Rebecca’s class had an apple party, during the last 30 minutes of class. Earlier in the week, her teacher sent home a list of apple themed foods for parents/kids to contribute to the celebration, and asked for parent helpers. I volunteered to be a parent helper and bring plates and apple chips – aka dehydrated apple slices – since I have a great dehydrator and apple slicer that makes the process really fast, easy and inexpensive.
Long story short, Thursday morning after the dehydrator ran all night, we discovered that the dehydrator wasn’t working and I need to order a new fuse for it. So instead of apple chips, I took applesauce mini-muffins, a recipe I found in one of Diane’s cookbooks.
The kids loved the applesauce muffins! I wasn’t all that impressed with them, but my kids each had 2 large muffins, and the kindergartners couldn’t get enough of them. To start I gave each child 2 mini-muffins, and 4 or 5 of them asked to have more “cupcakes.” I discovered they are definitely better as mini-muffins than they are regular muffins.
Here are pictures from Rebecca’s party:
2 comments:
I love seeing pictures of your kids. It always jolts me--I sit there for a second or two looking at this perfect blend of K8 and GR. Soooooo cool.
Have you tried Aunt LaRee's 'Normal Apple Pie' (in the reunion cookbook)? it is my favorite Apple pie recipe (because it is the only one I have ever made, and becuase it turned out right on the first try).
What a neat activity to have at school. Too bad about the dehydrator. I remember when you sent apple chips in a care package (and it was so very nice of you to send me care packages). They were really good.
i loved doing stuff like that in kindergarten- i still remember the thanksgiving feast we had and the white pilgrim bonnets we made out of paper
Post a Comment