With another day where temps were to be 100 or higher, we headed for the air conditioned comfort of the mall, and spent time playing in their children's play area, riding their kiddie train and riding the carousel. I had some great coupons, so we did some school shopping for Rebecca and Emily. We did very well at Children's Place and Sergeant Majors, but was very disappointed at the lack of selection at GAPkids. GR met us at Rainforest Cafe and everyone enjoyed a fun lunch with the fish, gorillas and elephants.
Thursday:
This is our weekly playgroup day, and this weeks activity - water fun - was scheduled in our neighborhood at a friends house. She had 4 different kiddie pools filled in her backyard, lots of cups, buckets and other water scooping toys, a great sprinkler, and popsicles. The kids had great fun running through the water, jumping, splashing, scooping, dumping and throwing water with their friends. Diane brought Merryn and she loved every minute of it.
Friday:
A cold front came through yesterday... weird to say in August. So our temps have been in the high 70s and low 80s. Today's looking beautiful!
Diane's been wanting to take Merryn and Elspeth to the Deanna Rose Farmstead and today was the perfect day for us to go! Here are some pictures of our visit:
Sam is fearless when it comes to feeding these animals. The nibbling and licking of the ducks and goats on his palms didn't faze him a bit! He loved it and kept going back to Grandpa for more food pellets.
Unfortunately, you have to be three to ride the horses... Sam was not happy. He was heart broken that he couldn't ride the horses. The girls on the other hand, did ride and loved every second of their ride!
6 comments:
First, WOW--Sergeant Major is right across the street from us in the Mall. Almost narrows the distance between our families.
We might get Stella on a horse this weekend when we go to see Matthew's distant relatives in the south.
That looks like a lot of fun. Would it be too much to hope for that the video camera was back and operational?
The problem is not that the video camera doesn't work - it is that I can not capture the videos from the camera once they are recorded. We have four 1-hour tapes sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to send the camera in and get it fixed. Since our second digital camera (also a canon) is now broken, it seems like a good time.
MA - I'm loving Sargeant Major! I don't shop the mall, ever really, and this was the first time I've seen their shop, so I was thrilled. I wondered if you were familiar with the brand, how lucky are you that they are across the street! Their clothes are so cute - I love European clothing syles for kids! - and they have amazing sales!
Unfortunately, I'm still learning Becca and Emme's sizes, so all but one little shirt is getting returned. Everything I'm returning was on major clearance -- three shirts and a pair of pants for ~$27 - I guess this time I'll have to shop the full price racks - :)
Matthew, you and GR are in many cases, built from similar molds... Video Camera = Junior?
do you guys ever order the volcano at the rainforest cafe? i hear that hillarity ensues each time...
Post a Comment