Friday, August 26, 2005

Things that go bump in the night

Last night was a flash back to getting up at all hours of the night with a newborn...

6:00 PM - I get ready to leave for parent orientation at the elementary school and notice that Rebecca's eye is discharging again... not uncommon for her, but this time it looks suspicious and she says it hurts.

8:05 PM - I get home from parent orientation. Sam is screaming in his bedroom - the night did not end peacefully for him, and the girls are reading scriptures with Papa. Rebecca's eye now looks like she got punched - red and very puffy and is constantly discharging thick yellow green gunk.

8:30 PM - Girls are in bed, and I go in to try and calm Sam down.

11:30 PM - Sam wakes up again crying and needs/wants a drink.

2:00 AM - Rebecca comes in, her left eye is glued shut with gunk. She and I gently clean it out with a warm washcloth.

5:00 AM - I wake up to find Sam sleeping next to me.. when did that happen? I take him back to bed and he asks for more drink...

7:00 AM - Sam's up again crying. GR puts him in bed with me - he won't let GR put him down anywhere else and that sort of works.

7:45 AM - Sam declares he needs to poop, I'm out of bed, walk into the kid's bathroom and discover someone threw up during the night. (How did I miss that with all the other activity? And how great of them to throw up on the bathroom floor instead of their bed!)

7:50 AM - Emily is awake, turns out she's the one who threw up while going potty early this morning. She says her tummy's okay, but hasn't eatten again.

8:00 AM - Call the doctors office. Hurray! I don't have to take Becca in for an appointment, they'll actually diagnose over the phone and call in the script once the doc has reviewed the charts.

8:53 AM - Rebecca is still sleeping! This has never happened in her 5 years of life - poor thing really doesn't feel good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! If you're thinking about selling one or two of 'em, we can make you a nice offer.

Matthew said...

We also have a variety of attractive leasing options.

Condolences on the rough night. I guess Emily gets the low maintenance award?

Kate said...

You're not kidding! The poor girl, she even took off her soiled nightgown and put it in the dirty clothes. When I saw that, I really really felt bad that I slept right through that trauma.

Let me get back with you two on the leasing/buy out offer. Today's been a good day... so I'm willing to keep them another day. But things could, and do, change quickly. ;)

suz said...

do we get to see pictures of the eye?