Friday, August 19, 2005

Look out Julia Child

Today is Diane's birthday and the kids and I asked to make the birthday cake. Last night we went to Applebee's to celebrate the first day of school and Diane's birthday, and grandma requested a chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream. Sam and Emily helped with baking the cake while Rebecca took a much needed nap... actually Emily also desperately needed a nap, but refused and Sam slept for 1/2 the time he needed to... that's just the kind of day I had.



(Note: Sam fell asleep at 11:30 on our way home from running errands, he slept until 1 - maybe. In this picture he's eatting BBQ chips from the bag. His lunch consisted of BBQ chips and cake batter... sign)


The cake turned out beautifully! Chocolate cake on the bottom with a layer of chocolate ice cream on top.



3 comments:

Matthew said...

The cake looks very nice. As for the BBQ chips, it's better than the rocks I let my kid eat.

Kate said...

So is that a step up or a step down from cigarette butts? :)

joe said...

I love the peace sign Emily is making.