I was asked to give the Enrichment lesson last Thursday at HFPE - 15 minutes on the Spiritual Nature of Financial Mgt; Tuesday night at girls camp - 15-20 minutes on Self Worth; and Sunday I have my first ward conference so - 15 minutes on 'The Strength we gain from having a firm testimony in the Restored Gospel.' sigh... needless to say they are/have taken considerable study and preparation... and I'm far from being read for Sunday.
In an effort to keep my children happy, we've had a number of outings this week.
Tuesday morning, Bob and Diane stopped in with donuts before the kids and I headed off to the park to play and do some visiting teaching (a dual purpose outing); Wednesday I met some friends at Bob and Diane's and we went swimming and played on the playset for a couple of hours until everyone of nap age fell apart; this morning we met playgroup at a park (see picture below of some of the playgroup kiddo's) and played for a few hours before going to the grocery store to stock up on supplies; and Friday, my college friend Liz and her four girls are coming for a visit.
Next week I want to get out to a local Museum downtown that has a butterfly quilt exhibit (that ends the 30th), and still need to get back over to the Natural History Museum for their bug exhibit. We're also going to swim at least one day and go to the Zoo on Friday.
With all that's gone on this past month, it's been hard to remember it's summer - you know, when things are suppose to be slow and lazy... swinging in a hamock sipping lemonade. I'm hoping these little trips - mixed with an occasional afternoon movie and mid-day ice cream treat help to slow things down even for just an hour or so, and allow the kids a chance to do fun kid things.
3 comments:
What cute kids! And what fun to have friends to do things with. :)Mom
It's postings like this that make me very much want what you have.
ditto
Post a Comment