Friday, April 15, 2005

A Birthday Wish

While brushing my teeth Rebecca came in and said:

R: Mom, you wanna know what I want for my birthday?
M: What?
R: Vines in my room.
M: Vines?
R: That I can swing on in my room, up to my bed, out my window.
M: Wow honey, we'll have to think about how we can do that.
M: Maybe we can paint your room.
R: Pink!? with stripes?
M: Yep pink.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I think Rebecca has a great idea. I'm going to ask if Mary Ann will let me put vines in our bedroom.

joe said...

Do you remember how much we wanted a fireman's pole to connect our bedrooms to the family room?

Give her the vines! Its the kind of thing you'd see on trading spaces, and everyone would go nuts. I'm sure Bob could rig it up. I'm sure GR wouldn't let me try.

Kate said...

[Belly laugh] Do I remember! Rebecca and I have had conversations about it! Believe me if I could figure out a way to do it, I would... but their room is so small with both of them in it... maybe we could rigg it up in the basement.

This was the great thing about Mom and Dad leaving the basement unfinished. I don't think my kids believed me when I told them we use to have a swing set in our basement!

Alright engineering masters, how would you secure 'vines' in your child's bedroom?

Matthew said...

There are hooks you can buy that are normally used for storing bicycles and things like that. Screw them into the ceiling rafters, attach vine and there you go!

I should really send this in to Martha.